Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Still Into Lace


Hours Remaining........ 25hrs 00mins

It's all go. I haven't wanted to pick up my needles for the past 24hrs. I must be ill. I need to pick up my needles if only for the meditative therapy, but I just can't face it right now. Maybe I need to start a garter stitch scarf or something? An eco wool blanket like The Yarn Harlot's making might do the trick I suppose, although a garter stitch blanket does seem rather a large project to undertake when I'm (hopefully) just in a rut.

Maybe it's too much lace, after all I have just knitted my Lace Ribbed Top (photos to come when I stand still long enough to get someone to take some.) It's turned out great I can tell, because DD2 has already suggested that if it doesn't fit me she'll have it! Honestly, if she can't get her hands on my yarn before it's made, she'll try to afterwards. I'm thinking of having a T-shirt printed with "Hands Off My Hanks!" emblazoned on it.



Anyway, we do have growth in the bathroom curtain department. I am seriously wishing that I'd cast on about half as many stitches when I began, as the window is not very wide and I could have got away with a lot less. I've been tempted to frog, but then I think of my night with Daniel Craig and the will to continue returns. There are just too many memories wrapped up in this now. I also have the most enormous ball of yarn to use so I need to really make a dent in it if only to reduce the need for future storage.


DD2 and I are also planning our first summer Knit-A-Long (KAL). We are hoping to tackle Evelyn Clark's Swallowtail Lace Shawl. Feel free to join us if you want to, but I warn you we're slow! In preparation we have raided our stash and come up with some Knit Picks Shadow which we have wound ready to go. I will be using a deep red colour called "Hot Rod" and SusieLusie (DD2) is going for the "Spring Green". Let's hope we'll both still be into lace when (if) we finish.


Hours remaining........24hrs 30 mins

3 comments:

Rudee said...

The curtain is looking pretty wonderful there. I am always daunted by the finish on these things. I'm still stuck with less than 40 rows and then miles of border on my own shawl. Right now, I'm trying to finish a pair of socks in between rows of lace.

Jane said...

I think you need a bit of a break inbetween when you're knitting something so big. It's good to complete something small if only to remember that sense of satisfaction you feel.

Winifred said...

That looks a gorgeous shawl. Reminds me of those Shetland Ring shawls. I've been tempted to make one myself but I could see a distinct possibility of it ending up as one of my bags shoved in my black hole cupboard!

Not sure what wool I could use here. Is it a 2 ply type?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin