Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Galina Interview

I just finished listening to last week's podcast from the Knitmore Girls (I'm a bit behind as usual) and I really can't recommend it enough. If you're interested in lace knitting or are just intrigued by knitting stories from other nations, then you have to listen to their interview with Gallina Alexandrovna Khmeleva of Skaska Designs. It provides a fascinating insight into Russian life in the '60's,'70's and '80's and Gallina's business acumen and stoic resolve immediately reminded me of the Russian women I befriended while living in Norway. One was a gifted ceramic artist and the other a dance teacher, but for both art and culture were important aspects of their lives in Russia.

You can listen to the interview "Galina Knits Behind The Iron Curtain" here at the Knitmore Girls site or on iTunes.

1 comment:

Jasmin said...

I'm SO glad you enjoyed it! Galina is FASCINATING, and if you ever get a chance, take a class with her.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin