Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Broadripple & Monkey


Now that I've found a sock knitting method that I feel comfortable with, I am finding myself addicted to creating footwear. This addiction is closely followed by a naturally developing love of sock yarns, which explains my recent yarnie purchases (and gifts.)


The Toe-Up Broadripple socks are a wonderful addition to my sock drawer and have inspired me to keep on knitting Two-At-A-Time and Toe-Up. I really loved being able to try on the socks as I was making them and I'm totally enamoured of the Two-At-A-Time Magic Loop method. It looks a bit complicated - two balls of yarn getting tangled up with one enormous circular needle - but once you get past the two toes, you're off and running (excuse the pun!)


Following the Broadripple success, I have now CO for a pair of Toe-Up Monkey by Cookie A. I received this gorgeous Drops Fabel sock yarn by Garnstudio from my Norwegian swap partner, Kate, when I took part in a swap last summer. I love the way that it is knitting up. I have CO 10sts and increased to 56sts, because I have rather narrow feet. To enable the pattern to fit this stitch count, I've reduced the lace pattern from 16sts to 14sts by taking out 1 purl stitch before and after the first and last yo in the pattern.


So far, so good!

1 comment:

Rudee said...

Well this will be interesting to see how the Monkey adaptation turns out. What I love about sock knitting is that while expensive per pair, per project it's pretty inexpensive. Still like my pointy sticks though. I'm 3 rounds away from a cuff down pair of Monkey socks.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin