Friday, May 1, 2009

Animal Antics


Well, I'm at the frog pond with my "Monkeys" already! I know, I've barely started, but being the dunderhead that I am I got so caught up in knitting the lace pattern that I forgot that I should be doing the sole in stockinette. Yes, I have 5 rounds of lace on both the top and bottom of the foot. That'll teach me to knit late at night when I'm tired!

So, 'Rip-it', 'Rip-it' was a regular mumble last night as I moaned, grumbled and frogged back to the start of my lace pattern. It sure isn't 'easy being green', as the most famous frog of all time would say.

Green was definitely a colour that was on my radar yesterday. While running errands in the next town, I just happened to be close enough to the yarn store where I bought my Noro Kureyon back in the fog bound days of last Autumn (it became "Sea Urchin.") Naturally, I popped in, signed up as a preferred customer and came away with this gorgeous local sock yarn to gift to a friend.


I think I'll direct her to Cookie A's "Monkey" pattern too and see what animal antics she comes up with!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been putting off ripping the t-shirt sweater I started. It's a hard place to visit isn't it - the frog pond?

Rositta said...

I know all about the frog pond, I've just been there twice on the same cardi, grrr. I love Monkey's, I've done two pairs already and will probably make more...ciao

Rudee said...

I'm knitting monkey for the 4th time. I have a few rounds left. I love that green yarn.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin