Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Signs Of Spring

At last........there are signs of Spring around us. These are the first blooms on my Camillia this year, such a welcome sight after a long hard winter. The plant is still quite young, but each year the blooms become more and more abundant.

I've also created some pots for the front porch in the hope that the rain will soon stop long enough to sit out there and enjoy them. Instead of the usual floral display though, I have planted Snap Peas in the middle (just got to put the cane support in) and some Green Onions around them. They not only provide a visual balance to the colourful Primroses, but will hopefully grace our plates with their produce in a few months time!

My seeds have also been started (a little optimistically perhaps) as we're all desperate to feel as if warmer days might be on their way. At least by starting the seeds we feel as if we're doing something towards the garden while the rain is lashing down outside.

Now we're on Spring Break, so with everyone home, it's hard to find a moment to think straight. The workshop with Tuulia Salmela on Saturday was fantastic, but I'll save that for next week when I've completed the sample sweater I'm knitting and can show it to you. I'm hoping to finish that up and work on the Two-At-A-Time Magic Loop Socks, which I'm making using Rob Matyska's "Broadripple Design," at the same time as I feed the family, declutter the house and celebrate my eldest daughter's 17th birthday.

It's going to be another busy week.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought that was a rose! Beautiful!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous! I'm envious. We barely have crocuses and daffodils coming up.

Rudee said...

No blooms here yet. I'm insanely jealous. I do see green, just no flowers.

Jane said...

Well, today we had a mix of snow and rain again, so we're not out of the woods yet. Thankfully the camillia's close to the house so the wind hasn't damaged it either. Wish I could say the same for the daffs though!

Nunt said...

Me = jealous for you getting on Tuulia's class!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin