Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sea Urchin


Today I wanted to show you this. It's "Sea Urchin" by SusannaIC of Zuzusus Designs. I found it on Ravelry last weekend and just happened to have recently stashed some Noro Kureyon. As soon as I saw the pictures, I knew that my Noro was meant for this design!

It's my first time knitting with Noro so it's quite an interesting experience. The yarn is very slubby and uneven at times, but the colours are amazing. I was a little unsure of the pattern when I started it because there seems to be slight errarta (one reference to the pattern is different to the other) so I'm just going to knit it the way I think and see what happens.

It certainly is the best yarn to be using during the dark, dismal days of winter though. Really lifts the spirits!

2 comments:

Rudee said...

Noro colors are the best. I do think Noro is better suited to larger projects like hats, rather than socks. Socks would be good if you were alternating two skeins. One of these days, I'll knit the Noro ribbed scarf.

Unknown said...

It must feel like holding an actual rainbow as you work this! You are so right about color at this time of year!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin