Friday, July 4, 2008

Sadness


I finished the dreaded hooded jacket - thankfully. It was such a relief to get it done. It was a good job that I took a picture of the finished product before I washed it though. It turns out that I was right about that yarn. I decided that I should wash it before sending it to my sister as I didn't want her to feel bad if the stupid yarn decided to play games and stretch or break. Look what happened when I did.......







I'm so upset about this that I can hardly talk about it. I'm just glad it happened when I was dealing with it and not when my sister tried to clean it. My poor niece will be receiving her cuddly toy minus the handknit that was supposed to accompany it in the parcel. I have instead returned to the blanket that I'm making for her and am seeking solace in a pattern and yarn that are nothing but wonderful compared with this project!


To console myself further, I headed to the kitchen and enjoyed the therapeutic effects of creating a zuchini quiche. We then grilled a marinated flank steak on the BBQ and I cooked carrots to die for, which I've added here at "Cooks Casserole."

6 comments:

Rose said...

I'm so sorry about the sweater; that must have been very disappointing for you. The blanket is beautiful!

Jane said...

Thanks Rose. Yes, in 35yrs of knitting, I've never ever had that happen before. Now I have to decide what to do with the 8 skeins of the same yarn in green that I have in my stash!

knittingqueen said...

Oh, you have got to be kidding! All that work, all that time.....you really need a glass of wine.

Unknown said...

Oh dear! ((((((hug)))))))

Rudee said...

Oh! No! I am SOOOO sorry. What a horrible thing to have happen. Tell me again what yarn that was. I don't want that to ever happen to me. I'd need a lie down after something like that.

Anonymous said...

I was shocked by that picture - never have seen anything like that! Have used Plymouth before with great results (but not the Oh My). What a shame.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin