Phew - another busy week! Variety is the spice of life and this weeks projects have certainly varied. The market bag came out great......
....as did the strawberry jam.
I decided that the market bag is a good way to use up all the leftover cotton yarn that I have, so I'm knitting another. So far, I've used up all the green and am now using the red. It's looking quite jazzy.
I then started making a set of curtains for my sons bedroom. His blind has broken and so we have had to hang old blackout linings up to block out the light so that he can get to sleep at night. This week I got totally sick of the sight of this mess and decided that it was time for a solution.
We took a trip to the fabric store where The Little Guy chose some Dale Earnhardt Nascar material in black, red and grey for his new curtains. I held my breath as I tried to work out just how much I would need, particularly as I forgot to ask the assistant to measure the motif for me. I measured it afterwards when I got home and it turned out to be 12 inches long. Multiply that by four and that's quite a lot of extra fabric to match up. Thankfully my 8yd guess turned out to be spot on. I must be getting the hang of this Imperial measuring thing - at last.
I'm pretty proud of my length matching too. You can hardly see where I've joined the lengths together. I joined them with a neat flat seam, seamed the edges and now just have the top and hem to complete.
A little job for tomorrow I think.