Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Finished Odessa!



I've finished the Odessa hat (just got to block it). Loved every minute of it. This is the first time I've knitted with beads and I think I'll do more as it's very effective. The yarn was great to work with. Not a particularly dainty yarn, but used with this pattern, it has made a warm hat with a feminine look to it.



Now I am looking for a suitable sock pattern to fulfill my son's desire for another pair made from Reggio Exclusive by Gjestal. He loves the black and cream twisted sock yarn #701. I have been making socks for my kids with this yarn for several years now, but fancy branching out with a different pattern.


Wish me luck!

3 comments:

knittingqueen said...

do you not just LOVE knitting with beads?! I am so in love with that process. Beads and Beyond has lost their lease and they don't know where/if they can reopen. I can't believe it--just when I've discovered how wonderful they are, I may lose them forever.

Jane said...

Yes, I'll certainly be doing something with beads again. Hope you find a new bead store KQ.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous hat!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin